Senior Accounts Payable Processor
Reporting to Controller or Corporate Accounting Manager, the Senior Accounts Payable Processor will perform all tasks related to the Accounts Payable function as outlined below. This position will be responsible for accounting tasks and activities and is heavily relied upon for the daily accounts payable operations of the organization. The position will review accounts payable reports and data for completeness and accuracy; and recommend process improvements to management. This position must adhere to stringent deadlines and perform a multitude of accounting activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the Accounts Payable module in Great Plains to include vendor maintenance, set up, data integrity and research.
- Document duties and functions of the accounts payable process, implement and maintain internal controls and suggest purchasing process improvements.
- Process vendor invoices in the accounting software for multiple entities; including set-up of recurring transactions to ensure accounts payable transactions are accurately recorded.
- Implement and maintain an approval matrix to ensure there are proper approvals at the appropriate thresholds for senior management for disbursements.
- Process bills for payment within vendor terms and ensure accurate entry into the accounting software.
- Conduct T & E training for new hires.
- Update A/P polices and procedures annually.
- Prepare checks to vendors for multiple entities to include creation and reconciliation of reports. Timely record all payments, such as wire and ACH.
- Correspond with vendors to reconcile monthly statements and research variances including outstanding checks or missing invoices.
- Manage paperless process to ensure check copies and vendor invoices are scanned for electronic filing.
- Provide superior internal and external customer service to include working closely with vendors, purchasing agents and accounting personnel to resolve issues.
- Process TAD requisitions including transmitting invoices for the TAD’s to the City of Atlanta. Process TAD wire transfers as initiated by the City promptly when transactions occur.
- Reconcile Cash Pool accounts with the City of Atlanta accounts for the TAD’s, and process reimbursements.
- Maintain project codes and reports for TAD projects to coincide with GL accounts.
- Create and review monthly Accounts Payable reports to include the open item (historical aging report) for both accuracy and to reconcile with the general ledger for all entities.
- Reconcile corporate credit card statements to the Suspense account, insuring timely payment and entry of expenses. Develop procedures to minimize use of credit cards for regular business purchases.
- Assist management in creating and preparing cash reporting tools, including daily cash summary report.
- Prepare yearly 1099s.
- Create reports as requested by management to evaluate the purchasing process and recommend procedural improvements.
- Coordinate special purpose internal initiatives and programs.
- Work with Windows 10, Microsoft Office, calculators, databases and bank accounts. Assist with annual Audit support and providing of data to auditors.
- Assist with BS reconciliation and other duties or projects as assigned by management.
- And other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Education
Preferred Qualifications: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED). Minimum of 5-7 years Accounts Payable experience, or an Associate’s degree. Ability to multitask. Exceptional organizational skills and thorough knowledge of accounts payable and related accounting functions. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP and Office programs.
Ability to perform a variety of tasks in a constantly changing environment; excellent telephone, organizational and customer service skills.
Resumes should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Invest Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants, including but not limited to Minorities, Females, Disabled and Veterans are encouraged to apply.