Financial Reporting Manager
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this position will be responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting and modeling. The Financial Reporting Manager role’s duties will include developing and maintaining accounting principles and best practices to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position is also responsible for financial modeling/forecasting, cost allocation, KPI reporting and special projects. This position implements best practices, internal controls and ensures accrual general ledger and accounting methods adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Manage the preparation of monthly business unit and consolidated financial statements.
- Manage the preparation of weekly and monthly reports to support departmental and business needs.
- Maintain and develop various financial models and standard templates distributed for use by all of Finance to ensure quality, accurate and focused analytic review.
- Develop direct and indirect expense allocation model across lines of business and functional units throughout the organization.
- Provide ad hoc financial reports, tables, exhibits, dashboards as requested.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements monthly, including: income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows.
- Document business transactions.
- Interpret and analyze financial information posted to general ledger accounts.
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Research balance sheet items and income/expense fluctuations utilizing various systems and information sources.
- Assist in the company’s budget and forecast process
- Conduct monthly meetings to discuss historical financial results and future performance.
- Investigate and report to the Manager any inconsistencies or improprieties.
- Provide timely, relevant and accurate analysis of the results of the divisions performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results to facilitate decision making toward the achievement of the budget and strategic plan.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of industry standard accounting principles, best practices, and procedures.
- Proven experience with process documentation of accounting procedures and internal controls in a dynamic environment.
- Proven experience in creating 5-7 year financial models to manage business units.
- Ability to create a cost/expense allocation to appropriately share expenses across various projects, business units, reporting entities.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Knowledge of financial consolidations, eliminations, and segment reporting.
- Ability to read and interpret accounting rules and guidance as well as perform research and conduct investigations as necessary.
- Excellent written and speaking skills including preparation and presentation of verbal and written reports, presentations, and recommendations.
- Ability to think strategically about business decisions and issues to thoroughly analyze business problems and make sound business decisions.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively in order to meet individual goals and deadlines.
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
- Establish effective working relationships with others to successfully lead, mentor, coach, and motivate.
- Demonstration of the highest level of integrity and trust.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required. CPA and/or Masters preferred, but not required.
- 8+ years of relevant accounting/financial analysis required.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in an Accounting managerial role required.
- Expert user of the Microsoft suite of products, including Excel, Word, and Outlook, MS Dynamics Great Plains.
Resumes should be submitted to: email@example.com.
Invest Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants, including but not limited to Minorities, Females, Disabled and Veterans are encouraged to apply.